Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Greetings

Welcome! The purpose of this blog is to share my journey in learning to use social networking tools. For those of you already experts in tapping away your thoughts and sending them into cyberspace, this will be a very banal set of despatches.

I had better explain the title of this blog. The word antipode has many different meanings. A quick visit to wikipedia suggests that the term has traditionally been used by people residing ‘down under’ sending messages back to the motherland (aka UK). While this sounds logical, given that these despatches technically originate in Australia, I rather like the thought of antipodes being “any two places or regions on diametrically opposite sides of the Earth; "the North Pole and the South Pole are antipodes". Extending this metaphor a little, this gives me lots of scope to send my despatches from anywhere in cyberspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment